What boats do you have?
WE HAVE A FLEET OF CANADIAN OPEN CANOES
Is there a minimum number?
WE ACCEPT 2 OR MORE PEOPLE
Are children allowed?
THERE IS A MINIMUM AGE OF 6 YEARS OLD. IF YOU HAVE SMALL CHILDREN, CALL TO SPEAK TO ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCED PADDLERS. CANOES WORK WELL FOR FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN. THESE LARGE OPEN CANOES CAN EASILY ACCOMMODATE TWO ADULTS, TWO CHILDREN AND A BAG OF NECESSITIES FOR THE DAY.
How do I book?
YOU CAN EITHER COMPLETE OUR ENQUIRY FORM ON THE WEBSITE, EMAIL OR CALL OUR OFFICE AND WE WILL BOOK YOU IN. IN THE SUMMER MONTHS PLEASE BOOK WELL IN ADVANCE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
Do I need an instructor to hire a canoe?
IF YOU ONLY WANT TO GO OUT FOR AN HOUR OR UNDER YOU SHOULDN’T NEED AN INSTRUCTOR. FOR LONGER DISTANCES IF YOU HAVEN’T GOT ANY PADDLING EXPERIENCE OR IF YOU HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN IN YOUR GROUP, WE WOULD ALWAYS RECOMMEND HAVING AN INSTRUCTOR OR RIVER GUIDE WITH YOU, BUT MOST GROUPS JUST HIRE BOATS AND GO, ESPECIALLY IF THEY HAVE BEEN WITH US BEFORE AND ARE CONFIDENT ON WATER. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE AN INSTRUCTOR IF YOU’RE A YOUTH GROUP (FROM A SCHOOL, COLLEGE OR SIMILAR) UNLESS YOU HAVE YOUR OWN QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR WITH YOUR GROUP.
What should I wear?
WEAR CLOTHING TO SUIT THE WEATHER CONDITIONS, LIGHTWEIGHT AND LOOSE.
FOOTWEAR: DO NOT WEAR ANY KIND OF BOOTS OR FLIP FLOPS.
SUITABLE TYPES OF FOOTWEAR ARE, TRAINERS, AQUA BOOTS OR FULL SANDALS
What shall I bring?
A SPARE SET OF DRY CLOTHES, A MOBILE PHONE, HOT DRINKS, WATER, SUNBLOCK, MONEY.
Is there anything I shouldn’t bring?
EXPENSIVE JEWELLERY, WATCHES, CAMERAS, VIDEO CAMERAS IF NOT WATERPROOF.
• We reserve the right to withdraw or modify at any time the arrangements advertised where necessary to do so. Should we have to cancel your trip, then you will be refunded in full.
• The information you provide is required for our insurance purposes and for the safety of your group. Our hire booking forms must be completed with the name of the person responsible for the booking clearly identified. We will not disclose any booking information to any other party or use the information for any other purpose.
• As part of your contract with Wear Canoes it is the responsibility of the person responsible for the booking to ensure that everyone in the party is made aware of all arrangements; fees & security deposits payable; check in / drop off / pick up shuttle arrangements; risks; conditions of hire; refund of security deposits; cancellation policy operated by Wear Canoes
• As part of the contract with Wear Canoes all canoes, kayaks, gear & equipment will be returned to us in a clean, undamaged state. Any losses or damage must be reported to us in full return of the boats. All losses and damage will be charged for before the departure of the group. While all equipment is fully checked & cleaned after every hire booking it is the responsibility of the hire group to accept that all equipment is in order before leaving Wear Canoes (See our guidance notes on the use of canoes & kayaks)
• You will need your general outdoor gear appropriate to the type of canoes or kayaks being hired, time of year and conditions. Should you or your party turn up without the appropriate gear, we may refuse to honour the booking. If you wish to hire additional equipment, let us know in advance, as we do have an extensive list of gear to hire.
• A level of fitness and experience appropriate for the type, level and duration of the paddling journey you and your party are taking part in will be required. This will vary – please see the details of the recommended minimum levels of skill & experience posted on this web site. Please contact us before booking if you require further clarification. This for your own safety and enjoyment – and for the rest of your party.
• Our minimum age for the hire of kayaks and canoes is 6yrs within a family group. Out with of a family or organised school group this is 12 yrs.
• Should we find that any member of the group is or intends to be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances, the group may not be permitted to hire or participate (for the safety of themselves and others). (See our guidance notes on the use of canoes & kayaks) • As part of the Conditions of Hire and your contact with us, Wear Canoes requires to have the individual contact details, emergency contacts, any medical conditions & level of experience attached to the main booking form.